Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Elle's Studio Use Your Stash Challenge

This past weekend, Elle's Studio hosted a Use Your Stash Weekend Challenge.  I thought it would be fun to play along, because I still had a good bit of the Saltwater and Cameron collections on my hands.  Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the three winners chosen, but I did get three layouts finished, that I really love and had fun creating them.  So I just wanted to pop in today and share what I made.  I'll keep the wording short on this one, since I'll be sharing three layouts!  :)

Favorite Part of Summer:  This layout is a little unusual for me, because I didn't create my own title with Thickers or cutting with my Cameo.  Instead I used a full sheet of the Elle's Lil Snippets layered behind my photo, and used the title from there.  Sometimes it's fun to do things out of the norm!




You Are Here:  This layout was really fun, because I took inspiration from Suz Mannecke's layout "PNAM" and fussy cut the brick patterned paper from the Cameron collection.  I used a larger photo and...are you ready for this??!!...added no mist splatters!  AHHH!  Just a fun, clean and simple look on this one.




Down by the Sea:  This layout is another one that is out of my norm, because I went for a more minimal approach.  It is based on the 8/15/13 Sketch Thursday challenge.  I love to use the Elle's sketches, because they get me out of my normal page design.





So that is it for today!  I hope you will take time to find some challenges that you love, to play along with.  It's always fun to push your creativity and to use your stash...that way you can buy more to replace it!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment