Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Creative Scrappers Sketch 253 | The Supers

**Linked up at Paper Issues.**

When I saw the reveal for Sketch 253 at Creative Scrappers, I immediately knew I was going to use it for a Halloween layout.  I didn't want to use any of the photos from last year, because I knew we were getting the kids costumes for this year and taking pictures soon.  So last Friday, they got all hero-ed up and I took candy for bribes, and we made it through a little Halloween costume photo session.  Sadly, I was not overly thrilled with the way most of the photos turned out.  We were planning to do the pictures around 5:30PM, but it was overcast and the light was already fading fast at 5PM.  And on top of that, I didn't get to take them at the exact location I was planning, because it's a neighborhood clubhouse that gets used for receptions, parties and weddings, and of course with it being a Friday night, they were already setting up for something.  :(  But since everyone was already dressed, we went ahead with the photos anyway.  I am debating a possible re-shoot sometime this week, to see if we have better luck, but I don't know if my nerves can handle it!!  :)

But, back to the layout and Sketch!  I managed to get at least one group shot that was useable for my layout, and I knew I wanted to use the new Thirty-One collection from Pebbles Inc. and I mixed it with some of the Halloween collection from American Crafts, that's exclusively available in Target stores.






I took some inspiration from Missy Whidden and Shannon Morgan, with the fun, big ink splatters, but I still don't think mine turned out as cool as theirs!!  :)  I will have to keep practicing!  The circle behind the photo on the Sketch, was a perfect spot for adding a die cut Spider Web, using my Cameo.  Once I got the design put together, the layers behind the photo and the Spider Web kind of reminded me of a bat shape!  I also incorporated some of the Tags from the October Exclusive Kit from Chic Tags!!  You can pick up a Kit HERE, in the store.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper & Letter Stickers:  Pebbles Inc., Clothespin, Star Stickers, Phrase Stickers & Sequins:  American Crafts; Large Sequins & Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Spray Mist;  Studio Calico; Tags:  Chic Tags October Exclusive Kit; Star Paper Clip:  Two Peas in a Bucket; Fonts:  Anime Ace & Pacifico    


No comments:

Post a Comment