Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Creative Scrappers Sketch 254 | Sweet Home Alabama

***Linked up at Paper Issues.***

I have so many Fall photos to use on layouts, that I may be scrapping them until after Christmas!  But I'm not complaining since Fall is my favorite time of year.  There are photo opportunities everywhere, and I love driving and seeing the fields in bloom with crops, the leaves changing, and the beautiful Blue skies.  I have an annual photo that is a must every year...a picture of the cotton fields.  They are so beautiful with the White cotton blooms against the line of Green trees and cloudless Blue skies.  Since I had just the single photo, I thought it would be perfect to use with the new Sketch 254 at Creative Scrappers, created by my friend Jenny Evans.  This Sketch is awesome and allows for a lot of layering, which is one of my favorite things to do on a layout.




  
I didn't do anything super fancy on this page, but I really love the way it turned out.  This was the first chance I had to use some of the new Happy Go Lucky and Collecting Moments collections from Fancy Pants, that I ordered from Paper Issues.  I really love manufacturers whose lines mix together so easily.  I pulled the floral paper first and then chose colors that went with the colors in this pattern and that had a Fall look to them.  I also mixed in some tags from Chic Tags, to add some extra layers.  I used my Cameo for part of the tile and to create some embellishments for my page.  That is one thing I love about the Cameo...you can make anything and everything you want, as you are working on a page.

I hope you are enjoying Fall wherever you are, too...although I know how temperatures vary and for some of us it probably still feels like Summer or is starting to feel like Winter!  And I hope you have a happy and safe Halloween tomorrow! 

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Stickers, Resin Flower:  Fancy Pants; Tags:  Chic Tags; Wood Veneer Card:  The Paper Bakery; Thickers & Date Stamp:  American Crafts; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Buttons;  October Afternoon


No comments:

Post a Comment