Thursday, October 3, 2013

American Crafts Halloween Collection & Free Printables!

**Linked up at Paper Issues.**

Did you know, that American Crafts has a fun new Halloween collection??!!  It's available only in Target stores and has a great 6x6 paper pad, sequins, mini clothespins, star stickers, phrase stickers, Washi Tape, and more!  Today, I wanted to stop by and share a layout and Halloween countdown calendar that I created with this collection.

Since there are no 12x12 papers with the Halloween line, I decided to create my own background using some of the American Crafts cardstock.  I used Orange as my base, and then used my Silhouette Sketch Pens to draw the spider web design on my White cardstock.  After the design finished drawing, I misted over the paper with some Mister Huey's Spray Mist.




I was looking for a fun use of the sequins that come with this line and decided to incorporate them into the circle/star embellishment.  I cut the shape on my Cameo and then adhered a piece of Vellum to the backside.  Then, I placed some of the sequins over the Vellum and then adhered a second piece, to close off the Vellum pocket.


I also wanted to add a touch of Glitter to my layout, so I cut 2012 on my Cameo and then layered some adhesive on the numbers.  Before the adhesive dried, I sprinkled over the numbers with the Black WOW! American Crafts Glitter, to add just a little sparkle!


Next up is the Halloween Countdown Calendar.  I created this calendar last year, for our Christmas Countdown.  When I made it, I thought it would be a good idea to paint the frame a bright Lime Green, because I like non-traditional colors for Christmas and I knew the Green would also work for Halloween.  That allows me to use the same frame and just have the pre-made tags ready to put on for Halloween and Christmas each year.




Again I used the 6x6 papers from the paper pad, to create each of the tags.  This is also a great use for the numbers from your Thicker sets.  I incorporated the mini clothespins, sequins, star stickers, phrase stickers, and Washi Taps into the different tags I created for the calendar.

Make sure you check your local Target for the American Crafts Halloween collection!  You won't be disappointed and it is perfect for creating your upcoming Halloween layouts, home dec pieces or even for fun treat bags to give out to Trick-or-Treaters!!

Before you go, I have a set of Thanksgiving/Halloween Free Printables to share with you.  You can download the PDF file HERE or the JPEG file HERE.  Feel free to use the Printables on your upcoming projects!


Supplies:  6x6 Paper Pad (97144) - AC Halloween; Screenprinted Clothespins (97150) - AC Halloween; Decorative Tape (97138) - AC Halloween; Sequins (97145) - AC Halloween; Duplicate Stickers (97151) - AC Halloween; Star Stickers (97140) - AC Halloween; White (71259) - Cardstock; Orange (71249) - Cardstock; Soiree (366186) - Thickers


No comments:

Post a Comment