Thursday, October 24, 2013

Scrap & Music Guest Designer

***Linked up at Paper Issues.***

I was recently contacted by Ana Castro and invited to guest design with the Scrap & Music Design Team!  Scrap & Music is a fun challenge Blog, that combines a sketch with song lyrics.  I loved the Sketch that Ana sent and we had to choose lyrics from the song, "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction.  I wanted to use a photo of my hubby and me for this layout, but sadly we don't have a lot of photos of just the two of us together.  So I used a photo that I have scrapped before, but that's okay because it's one that I really like!






I kept the basic design of the Sketch, and added a lot of layers behind the photo.  One of my favorite things on this layout, is the vellum.  I cut a heart shape on my Cameo, from the vellum and then embossed it with a wood grain pattern.  I also used vellum for printing out my journaling strips and layered them over the vellum heart.

You can play along with the challenge, by visiting the Scrap & Music Blog for all of the details on linking up your layout.  The challenge is still open for 9 days, so there is plenty of time to play along.  Scrap & Music is also having a Design Team call, which you can check out here.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  Crate Paper; Polaroid Frame: Maggie Holmes; Tags:  Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Color Shine & Chipboard Arrows:  Heidi Swapp; Baker's Twine:  American Crafts; Sequins & Washi Tape;  The Paper Bakery; Vellum:  Fynmark


No comments:

Post a Comment