Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Get It Scrapped! | Chalkboard

The Chalkboard look has been a popular trend with the releases from Summer CHA.  Two that immediately come to mind, are My Mind's Eye and Fancy Pants.  The Creative Team at Get It Scrapped!, created layouts based on the Chalkboard trend and shared them in yesterday's article on the GIS Blog.  Here is how I used the trend on my layout:



  
We are lucky enough to live close to the water, and it's always such a beautiful and relaxing place to take in the scenery.  I used several print and cut files and part of a piece of patterned paper from the Glitz Design Uncharted Waters collection, to add a Chalkboard element to my layout.  I didn't want to use the Chalkboard trend in a typical way, so I thought pairing it with the wood grain and polka dot pattern would create a fun look on my layout.  It's always fun to think outside the box, when you are using themed elements on your projects.

If you are looking for more information on using the Chalkboard trend, make sure you visit the Get It Scrapped! Blog to see how the Creative Team incorporated it into their layouts.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  Amy Tangerine, Crate Paper, Glitz Design & Carta Bella; Vellum & Tags:  Elle's Studio; Stamp & Mask: The Paper Bakery; Enamel Dots:  My Minds Eye; Font:  Scriptina; Print & Cut Files:  Silhouette America; Wood Veneer:  Studio Calico
 

No comments:

Post a Comment