Monday, October 28, 2013

You're Super

It's been a while, since I've had a chance to play along with the Sketch Thursday challenge at Elle's Studio, but the 10/24/13 Sketch was so cute, I just had to sit down and whip up a layout!  It's a fun and easy sketch and it didn't take a lot of time to finish my layout...other than the fact, that when I got ready to print my photo, one of my ink cartridges was out!!  UGH!  But I didn't let that stop me! I just cut a piece of paper to the size of my photo, and then designed my layout using the photo shaped paper.  Then when I got home from buying my cartridge, I just printed out my photo and stuck it right in it's spot!  :)



 

This was a perfect sketch for adding a lot of layers behind your photo.  And I had the Elle's October Kit ready and waiting to be used, so I added several of the tags to this page and mixed the October Kit with some of the new Penelope collection.  Vellum has become a renewed obsession on my pages and I layered a piece behind my photo, that I embossed with a wood grain pattern.  The ink splatters were created by dipping a paint brush into my Studio Calico Inky Black mist and then just pushing the brush down on my paper.  And, of course, I couldn't have a Bat Girl page without having a bat on the layout somewhere!  I used the cute Bat circle bookmark from the Silhouette store, and layered it over the Vellum

I do have to admit, that even though we don't really get into the whole scary aspect of Halloween or really decorate for the holiday, that for some reason I love creating Halloween layouts more than I do any other holiday!  HA!  I am just weird like that!!  :)  Maybe it's the color combo or something that draws me to them, since I am such a big fan of Yellow and Orange!

Hope you have a great week and a Happy Halloween!

Supplies:  Cardstock, Phrase Stickers, Star Stickers, Sequins:  American Crafts; Patterned Paper & Tags:  Elle's Studio; Washi Tape:  Freckled Fawn; Flair Button: The Paper Bakery; Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Vellum:  Fynmark


No comments:

Post a Comment