Thursday, January 9, 2014

American Crafts January Gallery | 1st Earrings

Our middle daughter's birthday is December 26...yep the day after Christmas.  We've always struggled with getting a birthday party together for her, with all of the Christmas activities going on during the month, and all of the money flying out of the bank account for Christmas gifts!!  :)  So we decided several years ago, that it works out best, to let her have a day to herself on the 26th, which usually includes some kind of activity and getting to choose where she would like to eat.  This year, since she turned the big 6, she said she wanted to get her ears pierced...so that's what we did!  And she did great.  Not even a flinch or tear.  I had to get her photo and of course document her momentous occasion!  I used the Polka Dot Party collection from Dear Lizzy, and thought it would be fun to do something a little different with one of the journaling card papers.



 
Most of the time, when I pull one of the journaling card papers from my stash, it's with the intentions to cut a certain section out and use it on my page.  But when I saw the Warm Welcome paper, I thought, why not use the full page as the background for my layout.  It gives you a great base for a grid design.  I placed my photo in the center at the top of the page and then embellished with my title, wood veneers, and journaling.  The wood veneers are fun to add to your layouts in the natural color or you can change the color by spraying them with mist, painting over them or even adding glitter.  I fussy cut the Garland paper and added the pieces to the wood grain space on the background paper to give it a fun girly feel and finished off my layout by stitching around the butterfly image and adding a few stitches to the Love wood veneer.

There are so many great pieces in this collection and I love that you can use it to create a variety of different looks on your layouts.  And if you missed out on the newest collection from Dear Lizzy, Day Dreamer, make sure you stop by the American Crafts Blog to check it out, along with the other new collections Plus One, from Amy Tangerine and #Summer and DIY Shop!!

Supplies:  Warm Welcome (366160) - Polka Dot Party; Veneer Set (366204) - Icons; Wood Stamps (366212) - Polka Dot Party; Die Cut Frames (366199) - Polka Dot Party; Epoxy Stickers (366198) - Polka Dot Party; Fabric Bows (366201) - Polka Dot Party; RSVP (366190) - Thickers; Cordial (366188) - Thickers; Accent & Phrase Stickers (366196) - Polka Dot Party; Grand Garland (366172) - Polka Dot Party; Adhesive Flowers (366203) - Polka Dot Party; Printed Chipboard Shapes (366205) - Polka Dot Party


No comments:

Post a Comment