Thursday, January 30, 2014

Silhouette | Favorite Fro-Yo

The confetti trend has been one that initially intimidated me, but as soon as I gave it a try, I was hooked!  There are so many fun ways to use confetti on your layouts, cards and projects.  Yesterday, I shared a layout on the Silhouette Blog using one of the confetti cut files that can be found in the Silhouette Store.


This page may look complicated at first glance, but it is really easy!  I started by laying out the design of my page and layered my photo and papers.  Once those were adhered in place, I pulled one of the transparent overlay sheets from my supplies.  I don’t have a sewing machine, so I hand stitched around the edges of my page.  I used Washi Tape, to secure my overlay in place and the Washi Tape also gave the straight edges as a guide for piercing my holes for stitching.  Once I had all of the holes pierced, I stitched all the way across the bottom of the layout.  Then I stitched a little less than half way up the right and left hand sides.  While I was busy stitching, I had my CAMEO cutting my confetti file.  After the confetti pieces were cut, I placed them in the bottom of the pocket I created by stitching the overlay and cardstock.  And to finish the rest of my layout, I added some elements over the top of the overlay, like my title and journaling spots.  The Silhouette Sketch pens were perfect for creating the journaling tags to go on my page!





And if you’re thinking about using the confetti trend on your next layout, but the full 12 x12 is a little daunting, why not create a small pocket accent for your layout or try the technique on a card.  It definitely adds a fun and festive look to your projects!

Shapes:


Supplies:  Cardstock:  Carta Bella; Patterned Paper, Transparent Overlay & Thickers:  American Crafts; Tags:  Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers & Paper Clip:  Studio Calico; Sticker:  Heidi Swapp; Die Cut Machine, Adhesive Washi Sheets, Sketch Pens & Shapes;  Silhouette America

No comments:

Post a Comment