Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Chic Tags | Goals

Happy New Year!!  Let's kick it off, with the new monthly Challenge Sunday at Chic Tags.  I created a layout for the challenge, using a design element, I've never tried before...a photo-less layout!  I will admit, that it was a little strange creating a page with no photo, but let me say, that it was a fast page to put together!!



  
I thought this would be a great goal for 2014, because I still struggle with getting good photographs.  Sometimes I think I am just cursed with crappy cameras, but then I decide, that it's probably mostly user error and I just have no idea what I'm doing!  HA!  I am not big on reading instructions.  I'm more of a trial and error kind of girl.  But I do like the YouTube tutorials.  Those are usually a lot more helpful for me, compared to reading an English instruction manual, which ends up just looking like a foreign language to me!

Since I didn't use a photo on this layout, I thought it would be a fun idea to create a camera image using some of the Chic Tags, so I layered several tags from the Happy Place collection to get the look of a camera.  I also wanted to use a large Polaroid frame, so I cut this one of my CAMEO, and used a full sheet of the Happy Place rub-ons in the background of the Polaroid.

Do you have any goals or resolutions for the coming year?  It's always fun to set goals, and even though we may not accomplish them, we definitely learn new and interesting things along the way!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Carta Bella; Patterned Paper:  Chic Tags & American Crafts; Tags, Stamps, Rub-Ons, & Clear Tags:  Chic Tags; Arrow Paper Clip:  Two Peas in a Bucket; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Washi Tape:  Recollections; Die Cut Machine & Sketch Pens:  Silhouette  

No comments:

Post a Comment