Friday, January 24, 2014

Silhouette | Cute & Cuddly

Lately, I’ve been seeing Stars!  I just can’t seem to do a layout, without adding some type of star to my page.  Star embellishments, patterns or in this case, die cuts can go along with any theme and I especially love them on boy layouts, like this one I created for Silhouette.  I used a couple of star shapes from the Silhouette Store to create a positive and negative effect on my layout.



If you're a long time Blog visitor, you might notice that I changed up my paper size for this layout.  I almost always scrap 12 x 12 layouts, but I decided to change things up and try an 8.5 x 11 format for this page.  That’s one thing I love about the CAMEO and Portrait.  You can create your own custom backgrounds using either machine.  I placed my 8.5 x 11 background paper on my 12 x 12 mat and arranged my Stars in Silhouette Studio to cut into my background paper.  After my star background finished cutting, I backed each of the stars with different patterned papers for a fun visual effect.  Then I wanted to add a positive star shape, so I found a great outline star in the shop and cut a couple of those to embellish my page.


  
So next time you’re looking for that perfect cut file, don’t overlook the little guy.  Sometimes simple shapes like, stars, hearts, or geometric shapes can add a big impact to your layouts and projects!

 

Shapes:




Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Tag, Stickers:  American Crafts; Tags:  Elle's Studio; Flair Button:  PandaEight Designs; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Letter Stickers:  October Afternoon; Die Cut Machine & Adhesive Backed Cardstock:  Silhouette

No comments:

Post a Comment