Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hip Kit Club January Guest Designer

I am having a blast designing with the January Kits from Hip Kit Club!  Today is my second post as the January Guest Designer and I have a new layout and card to share with you.

First up the layout!




I fluctuate on the choice of backgrounds for my layouts.  Sometimes I like to use a white cardstock base, and other times I like to use a busier patterned paper background.  When I saw the CP Heartthrob paper in the January Hip Kit, I knew I wanted those fun hearts as a background paper.  To keep my photo from fading into the background, I changed it to black & white to contrast with the colors of the hearts on the paper.  I also cut a large Ampersand from the kraft cardstock in the kit, and placed it next to my photo as part of the title, to draw your eye to the title and photo.  I wanted to add some texture to my Ampersand, so I used a paper piercer around the edges of the shape and then stitched it with embroidery floss.  The CP Stand Outs, American Crafts stickers, and Studio Calico cork pieces were the perfect embellishments to finish my page.

And here is the Card:


I love the Transparent Overlay paper from American Crafts, included in this month’s Embellishment Add-On Kit.  It’s a full 12×12 sheet, which you could use as is, but I decided to cut mine down to layer over a card base.  I love the effect of the overlay on the white cardstock, and the fun clear feel it gives your card.  I used two adhesive squares in the center of my overlay, to attach it to the card base.  I knew the adhesive would be covered by the heart embellishment.  You can also stitch your overlay for an added layer and texture.  I also love the Crate Paper products in our January kits, especially the Stand Outs and Stamps.  I used the stamp set from our Stamp Add-On Kit for my sentiment, and used two pieces from the Stand Outs pack included in the Color Add-On Kit to layer over the heart.

That's it for today, but I will still have two more posts coming up using the January Kits!  So don't miss them!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment