Thursday, January 16, 2014

Silhouette | 10 Things I Love About You

***Linked up at Paper Issues.***

If you were able to attend CHA this past week or kept up with all of the action online, I'm sure you got a look at some of the awesome new products that Silhouette has coming up!  Washi Sheets, Vellum, Corrugated Paper and Stencil material will all be available soon!  I got a chance to work with the Washi Sheets and they are A-MAZ-ING!  I wanted to stop in today and share the layout I created, using two patterns from the Washi Sheets.


The Washi cuts so easily and adheres very smoothly and there are no curl ups on the edges of your cuts. I thought it would be fun to cut the Talk Bubble shapes on the Washi Sheets and customize them by typing in some words, to describe some of the things I love about our daughter.  The Speech Bubble file I used, was already filled with different words, so I just ungrouped each one and removed the words, so I could add in my own.  I rotated the patterns and once the Talk Bubbles were adhered to my layout, I used a ruler to draw lines from the circle and then hand stitched each one of them.



There are so many endless possibilities to using the Washi Sheets!  You will definitely want to add all of the new products to your wish list!  And be on the lookout for the new product.  It’s not available just yet, but will be COMING SOON!

Shapes:

Supplies:  Washi Sheets, Adhesive Backed Cardstock & Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette; Patterned Paper & Stickers:  Echo Park; Tags:  Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp:  Thickers:  American Crafts; Sequins:  The Paper Bakery; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Mini Jewels:  Doodlebug Design Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment