Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Cheer

I usually try to reign in my spending during Christmas time, since we are buying gifts for family, but every once in a while, something catches my eye and I just can't pass it up!  The Glitz Design Hello December collection had been calling my name for a while, but I put up a good fight...until, I saw that there was a sale at Two Peas!!  So I just thought I would take a peek and check on the Hello December collection.  Well, they had the collection pack on sale for less than $12 and I just COULDN'T pass that up!!  I decided it would be a little Christmas gift to myself!!  :)  It arrived last week and I just had to start creating with it.  I used it on a just for fun layout today, with some photos of our little guy posing in front of the big Christmas tree at our local shopping mall.






There is an awesome sticker sheet included with this collection, and I knew I wanted to use them in a prominent way on my page.  I placed my photos first and then cut an 8 inch circle on my CAMEO.  I traced the circle onto my background paper and then I went to work placing the stickers around the circle shape.  I mixed in some of the letter stickers for my title, wood veneers, cut files and rhinestones to add some variation to the design.  And I felt like the layout needed some stitching for extra texture, so I cut a smaller circle shape, traced it and then stitched around it.

So be on the lookout for more layouts using this collection...it is giving me serious hoarding tendencies...but I am trying to overcome!  :)
 

Supplies:  Patterned Paper & Stickers:  Glitz Design; Tags:  Chic Tags; Wood Veneers & Star Sequins:  Studio Calico; Mini Jewels:  Doodlebug Design; Flair Button:  Recollections;  Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette CAMEO 



No comments:

Post a Comment