Monday, January 13, 2014

Studio Calico 2014 Crop

This past weekend, Studio Calico held a fun Crop with lots of great challenges.  It was a fun time to get scrappy, for those of us who weren't able to make it out to CHA.  I was able to play along with four of the challenges...so far...and I'm hoping to maybe squeeze one more in sometime today or tomorrow.  But I thought I would pop in today and share the layouts I completed over the weekend.

Challenge #1:  Create something inspired by a Project in your Inspiration Book.

There are a TON of inspirational layouts in the Studio Calico gallery and I have some awesome ones in my inspiration book.  I chose a layout by gluestickgirl (aka Lisa Truesdell) as inspiration for my layout.  You can see Lisa's original page HERE.  I loved the fun border she created around her layout and I was also inspired to use a large title on my page and try the 8.5x11 format.

 
Supplies:  Patterned Paper & Stickers:  Glitz Design; Patterned Paper, Tags, Stickers, Wood Veneers, Rub-Ons, & Flair Button:  Chic Tags; Sequins & Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Mini Jewels:  Doodlebug Designs Inc.; Date Stamp:  American Crafts

Challenge #5:  Layer it up!  Lexi Bridges hosted this challenge, to use layers on your projects to add interest.  I used one of my Origrami IG photos along with the 1/9/14 Sketch Thursday challenge from Elle's Studio to create my layout.


 
I stayed fairly close to the sketch and added a lot of layers behind my photo, and even used some of the packaging from the June Limited Edition Kit from Elle's Studio.  I've been hoarding those Studio Calico triangle veneers for a good while, and I thought they would be perfect to use on this layout.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Carta Bella; Patterned Paper & Tags:  Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Flair Button:  Chic Tags; Epoxy Sticker & Washi Tape:  Freckled Fawn; Mini Jewels:  Doodlebug Design Inc.; Thickers & Date Stamp:  American Crafts

Challenge #7 and Challenge #8:  For this layout, I combined two of the challenges.  Challenge #7 was a sketch based on a layout by Natalie Elphinstone, and Challenge #8 was hosted by Paige Evans, to use a Digital Item on your layout.  I changed up the sketch by using an 8.5x11 format and I used some of the cut files from the Copper Mountain Kit, Hello Cuts by Hello Forever.



And if you're having trouble seeing that photo of our son, let me just tell you, that he has Little Debbie snack cake boxes on his feet/legs.  Yep, I came back into the living room and found him standing like that in the hallway drinking his Capri Sun!  The boxes were on the counter, to go out in the Recycle Bins, but I guess he thought they would make some great boots!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  Glitz Design; Cut Files & Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Flair Button:  PandaEight Designs; Paper Clip Arrow:  Two Peas in a Bucket; Mini Jewels:  Doodlebug Design Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment