Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Get It Scrapped! | 5070

Yesterday, the Creative Team at Get It Scrapped! shared scrapbooking ideas for telling a story with numbers.  There are a variety of ways you can incorporate numbers into your layouts...products with numbers, dates, ages, addresses, and more.  I chose the last one, an address, as the focus of my layout.




Several years after my grandfather passed away, my grandmother was moved to an assisted living facility and their home where I spent most of my time up until young adult hood, now sits empty.  On my last visit to pick up some things from the house I snapped a photo of the outside, and knew I wanted to use the address as the title of my layout.  I chose a patterned paper, with random numbers, and made the address title of the page bolder, by cutting the letters in a dark wood grain paper.  I also made the numbers rather large and added stitching around the edges for more emphasis.  I also made sure to capture the house address in my photo.

If you are looking for creative ways to use numbers in your layouts, make sure you stop by the Get It Scrapped! Blog to see how the Creative Team worked numbers into their layouts!

Supplies - Patterned Paper & Tags:  Chic Tags; Wood Veneers, Sequins & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Thicker:  American Crafts; Puffy Sticker:  Freckled Fawn; Vellum:  Fynmark; Font:  Pacifico; Other:  Shipping Tag & Paper Clip   


No comments:

Post a Comment