Friday, January 10, 2014

Silhouette | Last Lunch of 2013

Today, I am stopping in to share a layout that went up on the Silhouette Blog yesterday.  I wanted to give the Stamping Starter Kit a try, on a layout, using a photo from our last lunch of 2013.  We decided to get out for lunch and go to one of our favorite restaurants.  I snapped an Instagram photo of our oldest daughter eating her hot dog, which is one of her favorites!  I thought it would be perfect to use on this layout, using the Stamp Starter Kit.



You may have the Stamping Starter Kit and just haven’t had a chance to use it yet, or are considering buying it.  Well, let me tell you, that it is easy peasy to use!  I’ve got a tutorial to share on how I set up my shapes to cut on the stamping material.

Picture1

1.  I chose the Album Card Overlays to cut on my stamping material.  Remember, when you are cutting images to stamp, that you might need to horizontally rotate your image to have it appear correctly after it is stamped.  I did not rotate my talk bubble card, because I wanted the point of the talk bubble to stamp on the left hand side.

Picture2

2.  You can customize your shapes, before cutting, by adding words or other images to your original shape.  I added the word Yum to the talk bubble card.

Picture3

3.  I didn’t want the talk bubble card to be rotated, but I did need to horizontally rotate the word, to keep it from stamping backwards.  You can do this by selecting your word, going to Object, Transform and then selecting Flip Horizontally.

Picture4

4.  Once you Flip Horizontally, your word will look like this before cutting.

Picture5

5.  Now you can prepare to cut your images on the stamping material.  Remove the cover from your mat, included in the Stamping Kit.  Then you can place one of the sheets of stamping material over your mat.  Make sure to press down on your stamping material, to make sure there are no bubbles.  DO NOT stretch or pull your stamping material, as it will mess up the shape of your cut stamp.  When you load your mat into the CAMEO, you can move the guide over to hold your mat in place since it is smaller than the 12 x 12 mat, before cutting and then move it back, once you are done.  Now that your mat is loaded, choose Send to Silhouette, and select Stamping Material from the Cut Settings.  Don’t forget to change your Blade Setting to 9.

Now you have your own custom stamp!  Just add it to the stamping block included with the kit and cover with your favorite ink color!

  
The Stamping Starter Kit would make a great addition to your Silhouette collection!  And there are more fun things coming your way!  The Silhouette Team will be at CHA starting tomorrow, sharing some awesome new products.  So make sure you check them out and if you are attending this year, don’t forget to stop by the Silhouette Booth for a visit!


Shapes:

Supplies:  CAMEO, Stamp Starter Kit, Adhesive Backed Cardstock, & Sketch Pens:  Silhouette Patterned Paper:  Pink Paislee & Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Thickers:  American Crafts;  Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Mini Jewels:  Doodlebug Design Inc.; Epoxy Sticker:  Skipping5

No comments:

Post a Comment