Friday, January 3, 2014

Get It Scrapped! | Pastels + Flourescents

I always love the trends that Debbie finds, to share in the Get It Scrapped! articles.  The newest is Pastels + Flourescents.  I thought this would be tough and that I would have to do some searching to put these colors together, but after a review of what's in my stash, the Polka Dot Party collection from Dear Lizzy came to mind.  It has a great mix of soft Pinks and Blues with pops of Flourescent Yellow and Pink.



 
Our daughter loves to wear her Cowgirl hat, and will wear it just about any place we go.  Even though I loved the photo for this page, the colors in the picture did not work with the color scheme I chose, so I changed my photo to black and white.  I love the contrast of the softer colors with the pop of bright Yellow.  And I used the bright Flourescent frame around my b&w photo to draw your eye to the picture, but used a larger amount of the softer Pinks and Blues on my page.

And since the design of my layout, gave me a large amount of White space, I thought it would be a fun idea to fill it in with some confetti.  I punched two different sized circles from the PDP patterned paper and mixed in some sequins to create the confetti look on my page.

Don't forget to stop by the Get It Scrapped! Blog, to see how the Creative Team used this fun trend on their layouts!!

Supplies - Patterned Paper, Thickers, Epoxy Stickers, Decorative Flower, Date Stamp, Wood Veneer, Stickers:  American Crafts; Sequins;  The Paper Bakery 

No comments:

Post a Comment