Friday, January 17, 2014

Get It Scrapped! | Stripes

Today, I am stopping by to share a layout in a new Get It Scrapped! article:  Using Stripes to Convey a Mood or Theme.  When you initially think of stripes, you may not think there is a mood or theme to use for a striped pattern.  But what about a multi-colored striped paper for a happy theme, or b&w stripes to create an elegant look on your layout?  When you start to look at the different color combinations and varying sizes of stripes, I think a lot of ideas will pop up!  Here is the layout I created, using different color and different size stripes.





On my husband's birthday, we went out for a family day, and "attempted" to take a family selfie photo.  With five of us, this was the best we could do, but I definitely still wanted to use it on a layout.  After looking over some striped patterns, I decided on a thin striped paper with light Blue and darker Blue stripes.  The stripes made me think of a Nautical theme, based on the width and color of the stripes, which worked with our photo since we were sitting at a Marina.  I used the striped pattern behind our family photo and as a border strip along the bottom of my layout. After deciding on the theme, based on the striped pattern, I pulled several other patterned papers and embellishments that would support the Nautical theme of my page.

Don't forget to stop by the Get It Scrapped! Blog to see more ideas from the Creative Team for using stripes on your layouts!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Wood Veneer Card, Date Stamp, Thickers:  American Crafts; Patterned Paper:  Fancy Pants & Allison Kreft; Paper Garland:  Glitz Design; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Camera Paper Clip:  Maya Road; Punch:  EK Success; Buttons:  October Afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment