Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Get It Scrapped! | Photo by Reese

I have loved being a Creative Team member for Get It Scrapped! over the past two years, but will be stepping down at the end of this month.  Debbie and Amy are so great to work with and always have amazing ideas for the Team.  I will have two final layouts to share with you this month, and today's layout focuses on a Large Scale Geometric Pattern as a Background.  Since I have used Triangles a lot lately, I thought I would tackle Chevrons for this assignment.




Since the kids are getting a little older, they are interested in getting behind the camera and snapping photos every once in a while.  Our four year old took this shot of me, on Easter weekend.  There are a lot of popular Geometric shapes being used in scrapbooking and one of my favorites is the Chevron.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to design a Chevron background.  Once I had my design finished, I cut the Chevron pieces on different patterned papers in several different sizes.  I wanted the pattern to flow toward the center of my layout, to create movement and energy.  This design creates visual interest for my layout background, and also draws your eye to the photo and title of the page.

I loved the way this design turned out, so I decided to turn it into a background cut file for my Etsy shore, The Cut Shoppe.  You can find the design HERE!

And if you missed the announcement for the new 2014-2015 Creative Team, make sure you visit HERE to check out the talented Ladies that will be creating during this term!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Tags, Wood Veneers & Stamps:  Elle's Studio; Thickers:  American Crafts; Flair Button:  A Flair for Buttons; Enamel Dots:  Chickaniddy Crafts; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Ink:  Quick Quotes; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

No comments:

Post a Comment