Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hip Kit Club | Never a Dull Moment

It's a little sad to share the last projects each month for Hip Kit Club, but also really exciting to look forward to sharing what I created with the new Kit for the upcoming month!!  I'm already creating with the June 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, but I have a final layout and card to share today, created with the May 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!




When I'm browsing Blogs and Galleries, I always like to keep an eye out for trends. Some I think I would like to try and others I just admire. One trend I've noticed lately is the diagonal paper cut for the left and right side of the layout. I used the White cardstock from the Cardstock Add-On Kit along with the fun circle patterned paper from Heidi Swapp to create my diagonal background. This design worked great for the two photos I had of our daughter. Our photo shoots usually go something like this...50 crazy shots and one good shot (if we're lucky!!). The Plus One Thickers added a nice contrast line, because of the Black letters. I finished my layout by adding several of the Pink Paislee Chipboard pieces.



Most of the time, cards are created for happy occasions, but there can be times that a more sympathetic card is called for. The Rain Rain Go Away sentiment included in the Pink Paislee Hello Sunshine collection stood out to me, when I started working on this card. I used the Gray cardstock from the Cardstock Add-On Kit, and added a transparent look with a couple of the clouds from the Chic Tags Cloud 9 Acetate Tidbits included in the May 2014 Embellishment Kit. And the sequins in the May 2014 Main Kit worked as perfect rain drops for my card.

And just because I'm having so much fun with the June Kits, here are a couple of sneaks of what's coming up!!



You can get your hands on the brand new June Kits, by visiting the Hip Kit Club Shop!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile

No comments:

Post a Comment