Thursday, June 6, 2013

Crossing the Border

If you are like me, you probably like using several different patterned papers on your layouts.  Sometimes those patterns can get a little busy and you need a way to tone them down.  How about separating those patterns with borders??!!  Today at Get It Scrapped!, the Creative Team is sharing inspiration and showing you how to separate those patterns by using borders on your layouts.




 
Our family loves to visit this spot multiple times throughout the year, and the kids love to sit on the side of the fountain and put their feet in the water. I wanted to pick up the Teal and Red from my photo, in the patterned papers on my layout, and I used the Separating Patterns with Borders technique to tone down the colors and patterns just a bit. Chevron, negatives, and die cuts are all very popular right now, so this Chevron background worked great to separate the different patterns I used behind my photo.

Supplies: Patterned Paper: American Crafts & Glitz Design; Tags:  Chic Tags; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist: Studio Calico; Flair Button: PandaEightDesigns; Buttons: October Afternoon; Mask: The Paper Bakery; Die Cut Machine: Silhouette Cameo; Punch: Anna Griffin 

No comments:

Post a Comment