Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cute & Cuddly

Before I share my layout based on the 6/6/13 Sketch Thursday challenge at Elle's Studio, I have a weird question.  Do you ever feel like you have Scrapbook schizophrenia?  I do...all the time.  For example, the layout I am sharing today, came together so easily.  The photo worked, the papers worked, the embellishments worked, and the design based on the sketch worked.  I finished this layout in a little over an hour and I didn't spend hours after that looking at it thinking...."hmmm, maybe I need to add something else".  Then, there are "those" other layouts that make me - for lack of better words - want to jab a pencil in my eye!!  What is wrong with those pages?  Why won't they play nicely and do what we want them to do?  I think I am finally discovering, that it is a combination of the things I mentioned for creating today's page.  Finding the right mix for your creativity - photos that work, papers that work, embellishments that work, designs that work, and a creative mood.  I think my least successful pages occur, when I try to force something that doesn't fit in with this combination.  My initial reaction is to find a paper shredder and put that puppy in there ASAP, but then I have that little crafty fairy who tells me, it doesn't have to be perfect and it's another memory recorded on a page.  I feel like I have been back and forth a lot lately with pages I love and pages I don't love so much.  And I have one coming up for Get It Scrapped! in July, that is the thing of my scrappy nightmares, but the awesome Ladies at GIS encouraged me to use it for my assignment anyway.  It's a process, and I just wanted to share with fellow crafters, who I know will understand all of the mixed feelings that come with our passion for this hobby.

And since I do love this page, let's get to the reveal!





 
I almost didn't attempt this Sketch, because I was a little intimidated by the design.  But I finally decided, that I wanted to give it a try and told myself, that the Sketch is just a starting point and I could take it wherever I wanted.  I based my page design on the space to the top and left of the Sketch and then moved the title area down to where the frame is placed on the Sketch.  It kind of turned into a new Sketch in my head, based on this Sketch.  And since I love the new Cameron and Saltwater collections so much, I decided to combine the two of them on this layout.

Thanks for stopping in today, and I always love reading the sweet comments all of you leave on my posts!!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Vellum & Tags:  Elle Studio; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Thickers:  American Crafts; Fonts:  Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold & Pacifico; Other:  Washi Tape
   


No comments:

Post a Comment