Monday, June 10, 2013

Saved by the Bell

Oh yeah...we are going there this month, with all of our amazing June Kits at The Paper Bakery!!  Did you know we offer 3 Kits right now, and that a Project Life style Kit will be offered starting in July??!!  Pretty awesome stuff!  Our three Kits for June are the Scrapbook Kit Bayside High, the Project Kit The Max "Friends" Album, and the Mixed Media Kit Mr. Belding.  If you were a fan of the late 80's/early 90's show Saved by the Bell, then you will recognize the names of all of our Kits from this month.  There is a mix of fun Retro Neon,  Heidi Swapp product in this Kit and some of the brand new Saltwater collection from Elle's Studio.  And if you love wood veneers, there is an awesome package of Stars from UmWow Studio!!

I received my Kit last Monday and couldn't wait to start creating with it, so I went right to work.  And today, I am stopping in to share my first layout with you, for this month.




 
I started out, by  using the Heart/Dot stencil that is included in the welcome to New Members pack.  There are only a few of these left and they include the stencil and an exclusive pack of American Crafts Flair Buttons, that are only available through The Paper Bakery.  You can get your very own New Member pack, by signing up for a new Subscription to The Paper Bakery!!  But supplies are limited!!  

I am not a Mixed Media girl by any means, but I do like to add a touch of Modeling Paste to my layouts every now and then.  I mixed some Mister Huey's Overdue Spray Mist in with my White Modeling Paste to get a colored paste.  Then I just placed my stencil in the spot where I wanted to add the Modeling Paste.  This was not an exact science...I just eyeballed it, and had a vision of what I wanted the page design to be.

This was one of those pages that just came together quickly...I love those kind!!  :)  I added a little bit of the Neon twine included in the Kit, for an unexpected pop of color.  And I used two different sized hole punchers to create a little bit of confetti on my layout.  

Thanks for stopping in today, and I can't wait to share the rest of the projects from the June Kit with you!  And I already have an idea of what will be coming in the July Kit, so if you're thinking about Subscribing, this is definitely the time to do it!!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Tags, & Polaroid Frame:  Elle's Studio; Modeling Paste:  Liquitex; Wood Veneers:  UmWow Studio; Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Flair Button & Stencil:  The Paper Bakery exclusives   

No comments:

Post a Comment