Thursday, June 20, 2013

They Say It's Your Birthday!

Last week's Challenge Sunday at Chic Tags, was to use song Lyrics on your layout.  This is one of my favorite ways to add titles to my layouts...along with movie/tv titles or quotes.  The day before the challenge was posted, we celebrated our son's 4th birthday and I knew the Beatles song, would make a perfect title for some of the birthday photos.  And I had been waiting to use some of the Birthday Cake collection tags from Chic Tags, so it all came together perfectly.





The birthday cake had some really bright colors, so I thought the Boy Crazy collection line from My Mind's Eye would complement those colors in the photo and pair perfectly with the Chic Tags Birthday Cake collection.  You may have noticed a trend on some of my most recent layouts...White cardstock backgrounds!!  I am usually an all patterned paper girl, when it comes to my layouts, but I like mixing things up every now and then to keep the creative juices flowing.  And, I've actually found, that I like using the solid White cardstock as much as using a subtle patterned paper background.  I did fill in some of the White space though, using mist in a little bit different way.  I sprayed some of the Sherbet Mister Huey's on a piece of paper and then used the cap from the bottle to "stamp" circles around some of the star shapes I punched from the MME paper.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Brads, Enamel Dots, Stick Pin:  My Mind's Eye; Tags & Printable:  Chic Tags; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Washi Tape:  Love My Tapes; Phrase Stamp:  American Crafts; Font:  Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold


No comments:

Post a Comment