Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pretty Maids All in a Row

With a new month, comes new articles at Get It Scrapped! and today's article is focusing on Designing with Collections.  This type of technique could be defined as creating something that has many of some element collected in a grouping, for example: lots of buttons or flowers or frames or arrows.  Here is a look at how I used a collection on my layout:






My daughter has been taking Ballet with four of her close friends for the past two years, and we always get the girls together for a photo in their Recital dresses. I wanted to create a soft, girly feel to go along with the photo on this page, and I used a collection of Tags from Elle's Studio. I grouped the Tags together, as part of my page design and layered them behind and near my photo.  I enjoyed mixing the different shaped Tags together, to create a fun design on my layout and I embellished by adding in a Flair button, some heart stamps, and wood veneer butterflies.

Make sure you visit the Get It Scrapped! Blog to see how the other CT members used collections on their layouts.

Supplies Used: Patterned Paper, Bow, & Vellum: American Crats; Tags: Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers: Studio Calico; Stick Pin: Little Yellow Bicycle; Stamps: Elle's Studio & Teresa Collins; Ink: Stampin' Up; Flair Buttons: The Paper Bakery & Ormolu; Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye; Letter Stickers: Jillibean Soup; Washi Tape: Love My Tapes Doily: Hobby Lobby; Other: Shipping Tag

No comments:

Post a Comment