Monday, June 17, 2013

The Whole Tooth and Nothing but the Tooth

Today, I am trading weeks for the Let's Get Sketchy reveal.  I am on Team B, which revealed last Monday, but I did a little switch to reveal with Team A this week.  Before I share my layout, here is the story behind the photos.  Our oldest daughter who is 7, has not had any loose teeth yet and hasn't lost any.  One day, I noticed something behind her baby teeth, and saw that one of her permanent teeth had started growing in, with none of her baby teeth being remotely loose.  I called our Pediatric Dentist and set up an appointment for her, and after x-raying, the Dentist suggested extracting her 4 bottom baby teeth.  We weren't expecting to actually do it that day, but the Dentist said she had time, so we decided to go ahead and have it done.  Now out of our 3 children, Madison is the only one that loves the Dentist or Doctor, so she was pretty cool with the whole thing.  Not a tear was shed while we were in the office for the cleaning, x-rays, or extraction.  She did extremely well!  After we left the office, she did get a little upset...but I think that was a reaction from the happy gas finally wearing off and realizing what had just happened.  I took several photos, so I loved that today's Sketch had room for 3 pictures.  It worked perfectly with my Instagram photos.







Right now, I am really loving the combination of the Basic Grey Hipster collection with Chic Tags.  The colors of the tags are perfect with this BG line.  The Everyday Life II collection worked great with the story behind my page and I used several of the tags from this line.

Make sure you stop by the Let's Get Sketchy Blog to see what the other Designers did with this week's Sketch, and you can play along too!  Link up on the side bar of the Let's Get Sketchy Blog.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper:  Basic Grey; Tags:  Chic Tags; Wood Veneers:  Freckled Fawn & Studio Calico; Triangle Mask:  The Paper Bakery; Spray Mist;  Studio Calico; Buttons & Mini Market Stickers:  October Afternoon; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Date Stamp:  American Crafts:  Chevron Cut File:  Two Peas in a Bucket; Font:  Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold   


No comments:

Post a Comment