Thursday, June 13, 2013

Elle's Studio Sketch Thursday Guest Designer

I am super excited to be the Guest Designer for today's Sketch Thursday Challenge at Elle's Studio.  I have been playing along with their Sketches for a while now, and Waleska even based one of the Sketches off of my "Sweet Dreams" layout a while back, that I posted in the Elle's Member Gallery.  The Sketch she sent me for this week's challenge is really fab!  As soon as I saw it, the wheels started turning, and I had to get started on it right away.  Here is the layout I created, using the Sketch and the new Saltwater collection:




   



I am slightly obsessed with both of the new Elle's collections right now, and recently received a huge package of both lines in my order from Paper Issues.  I chose to use the Saltwater collection for this page, to go along with one of our beach day photos.  As you can see, I stayed close to the Sketch design.  I decided to move the border strip, closer to the grid design and moved the title down just a little bit.  One of my favorite products on this page, is the Vellum paper.  I love the chevron design and the fact that they can be fussy cut from the Vellum and added to your pages and projects.  I like to usually staple Vellum, because it just adds a little something and gives extra texture to your page.  And here's a little tip, if you plan to staple Vellum on your layouts:  put it in place and then add Washi Tape to two of the sides to hold it in place, so it won't shift when you press your stapler.  You can also just use a piece of Washi Tape to adhere your Vellum to the page.  I used my Cameo to cut the circles in the piece of patterned paper at the top left of the Sketch, and then I took a few of the positive circles, flipped them over, placed them on my layout and stitched through them.

You can play along with this week's Sketch, by visiting the Elle's Studio Blog and uploading your layout to the Member Gallery.  Make sure you link your layout from the Gallery to the Sketch Thursday Blog post.  And you could win $10 to the Elle's Studio shop!  And I hope my layout helps inspire you for creating your own layout based on this fun Sketch!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Saltwater Frames, Saltwater Cutouts, Vellum, Lil' Snippets & Serendipity Tidbits:  Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers & Sequins:  Studio Calico; Washi Tape:  My Mind's Eye; Letter Stickers:  Basic Grey; Die Cut Machine & Sketch Pens:  Silhouette Cameo; Other:  Embroidery Floss, Acrylic Paint & Staples
 

No comments:

Post a Comment