Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Let Them Eat Pie

Yes, I know the saying is "Let Them Eat Cake", but today we are talking about Pie...Pie Charts to be exact, in our newest article at Get It Scrapped!.  This is a trend I love, but I haven't incorporated it on as many pages as I would like.  But for today's layout, I had a lot of fun using the Pie Chart trend and made it a large focal point on my layout.

 




I snapped this photo of my husband and our middle daughter, one Saturday when we went out for a picnic. When I saw the assignment for Pie Charts, I knew it would be perfect with this photo and the title of my page, "Guess How Much I Love You". I wanted to have a section of hearts to represent the "love" theme from the title and photo. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a large 6 inch circle. I added a smaller cut Triangle, using the heart patterned paper and added some dimension to the piece by adding pop dots. I also stitched, to section off more pieces of the pie chart. I cut a smaller pie chart embellishment on the Cameo, to add to the center of the larger pie chart shape. 

Supplies: Patterned Paper, Thickers, Stamp & Bits: American Crafts; Tags & Tidbits: Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers: Freckled Fawn; Flair Button: PandaEightDesigns; Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye; Spray Mist: Studio Calico; Doily: Hobby Lobby; Letter Stickers: Authentique; Font: Pacifico

No comments:

Post a Comment