Monday, November 11, 2013

American Crafts November Gallery | Signs of Fall

Today I am stopping in to share a new layout for American Crafts, using the Autumn Crisp collection.  The colors in this collection are so awesome, including my favorites Brown, Yellow and Teal!  I love the saturated Fall colors, and I will admit that I had to force myself to use the wood grain pattern, because I really just want to hoard it!!





I really wanted this layout to focus on the beautiful Fall colors, so I mixed in as many as possible.  The "Willow" patterned paper was a perfect match with my daughter's shirt, so I started out by cutting a circle pattern on my Cameo and then layered the piece behind my photos.  The circle pattern was a great place to embellish, so I stitched a few of the circles with an Asterisk design, and then added some of the decorative buttons and puffy stickers to the center.  I did something a little bit different with my title on this page and turned it sideways.  I really liked the different look.  And since this was a Fall layout, I definitely needed some Fall leaves, which I cut on the Cameo and layered behind my title.

Thanks for stopping in today!  I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas, but also not wanting to rush the days.  This time of year seems to fly by!!  We are planning to decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving this year, and before that we are repainting our dining room, which is where we put our tree.  It is currently a really pretty Terra Cotta, which I love, but I have to say, that Christmas photos of the kids and the Christmas Tree and an Orange background, just don't make for great photos!  HA!  So I am looking forward to non-Orange Christmas photos this year!!

Supplies:  Autumn (366514) - Autumn Crisp; Poplar (366524) - Autumn Crisp; Cherry (366517) - Autumn Crisp; Cedar (366523) - Autumn Crisp; Willow (366521) - Autumn Crisp; Sycamore (366533) - Photo Overlays; Hickory (366534) - Decorative Paper Clips; Buttons (366531) - Mixed Buttons; Oak (366536) - Matte Puffy Accent; Oakleaf (366527) - Thickers; Foliage (366532) - Bits  Other:  Wood Veneers & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Die Cut Machine:  Cameo


No comments:

Post a Comment