Thursday, November 14, 2013

Silhouette | Fall Is Here

I am back today, to share a fun new layout for Silhouette!  Did you know, that your Cameo makes scrapbooking budget friendly?  I used my Cameo to create 97% of my layout, using patterned papers that I already have in my stash.  You can create your own embellishments that are the perfect fit for your projects, by using a mix of shapes from the Silhouette Store.



I used several different cut files, including the cute layered owl, Fall is Here title and some different leaf shapes to embellish my layout.


Isn't the Owl too cute??!!  I just separated the layers  and cute each piece...body, eyes, chest piece and feet...using different patterned papers and then layered the finished cuts together.


I loved the Fall Is Here cut file from the store and it was a perfect title to go along with my photos.  I ungrouped the file and made the word "Is" a positive cut, instead of a negative cut.  After the title was cut, I embossed it with a dot pattern and then added pop dots under the word "Is" to give it dimension.


Once I finished all of my Cameo cuts and had everything in place, I just added a couple of things from my stash, such as buttons, wood veneers, a few tags and some acrylic paint.  Using my Cameo for most of the elements on my page was a great budget saver in the way of alphas for creating a title, chipboard or cardstock shapes, and expensive layered embellishments.

Shapes:
Owl
Fall Is Here Phrase
8 Fall Leaves
Leaves

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Buttons & Phrase Stamp:  American Crafts; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Tags:  Elle's Studio; Modeling Paste:  Liquitex; Mask:  The Crafter's Workshop; Embossing:  Big Shot; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo


No comments:

Post a Comment