Friday, November 29, 2013

Meeting Mr. & Mrs. Claus

***Linked up at Paper Issues***

Well it looks like, that it's not just us regular folks that stop by Walmart for some shopping during the holiday season...but Mr. & Mrs. Claus make a visit too.  :)  I just happened to be in line behind them one December day last year, and they both kindly agreed to pose for a photo.  Since I had not scrapped this photo yet, I thought it would be a perfect one to use with the Holiday Charm kit from The Paper Bakery.

Mr. & Mrs. Claus2

Mr. & Mrs. Claus4


Mr. & Mrs. Claus5

I love the fun mix of Heidi Swapp, October Afternoon, Echo Park, and Teresa Collins papers included in the Kit.  And the wood grain sticker stars from Pretty Little Studio are so awesome!  I added a couple of embellishments from The Paper Bakery Store, including the wood veneer frame and Hey You Flair Button.

And while I'm here, I wanted to share a little project tip with  you...Utilize text on your patterned papers!  The map pattern on the Echo Park paper was fab, and I cut it to show the North Pole text on the paper.  I wanted to highlight it, so I used my CAMEO to cut the outline star and placed it around the words.  Then I used a smaller glitter star and added a pop dot to give it dimension.  And finally, I used the right here arrow, for added emphasis on the North Pole text.

Mr. & Mrs. Claus3

You can also utilize text on your patterned papers by fussy cutting words and using them in your title or journaling or just for embellishing.  And don't forget, to check out the Manufacturer tags at the bottom of your papers.  Most of them are now printing fun phrases or patterns that can also be incorporated into your layouts or projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment