Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hello Autumn

It's hard to believe, that we will be celebrating Thanksgiving next week!  Our plans are still a little fuzzy for the holiday.  I have found that it is getting harder and harder every year to have set plans with family members, who are getting together with other sides of the family or going on trips during the Thanksgiving holiday.  But I am still grateful, that I get to spend time with some of the family...and of course enjoy some yummy Thanksgiving turkey!

And in honor of the upcoming holiday, Get It Scrapped! is sharing an article for layouts inspired by a Thanksgiving Tablescape.  I love the idea of using home decor for inspiration for layouts, and here is my interpretation of the assignment.





Autumn is my favorite season, and I love taking photos of all of the pretty Fall colors, including pumpkins at the Pumpkin Patch.  I used inspiration from a Children's Thanksgiving Tablescape to create my layout.

 
I loved the neutral color created by the Kraft paper over the table and then all of the pops of Fall color, that decorated the table.  I used a neutral background colored cardstock, and then incorporated the other colors from the inspiration image onto my layout.  I also took inspiration from the Fall Triangle banner in the background, and I used my Cameo to cut a Triangle background to layer behind my photo. 

Supplies:  Cardstock:  American Crafts; Patterned Paper, Chipboard & Thickers:  Basic Grey; Thickers:  American Crafts; Font:  Pacifico; Wood Veneers & Spray Mist;  Studio Calico; Printables:  ashleyhortondesigns.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment