Friday, November 22, 2013

Silhouette | The Chase

Today, I am stopping in to share a layout that was on the Silhouette Blog this week.  I have been referring to this layout as the "Frankenstein" layout in my head, ever since I made it, because I used so many different products on this one!  :)

It’s easy to customize shapes from the Silhouette store to create unique designs for your projects.  I wanted to use the Concentric Circle Template/Background on my layout, but without the square around the circle shapes.  I ungrouped the shape (and sometimes you also have to Release Compound Path), and removed the outside square.  Then I was able to draw the larger circle back with the circle too, to complete my shape.

The Chase2


I also altered one of the arrow shapes, by adding and welding the word “the” to the line part across the arrow.


I also love to save scrap pieces of paper, that I have used to cut other shapes on the CAMEO.  I saved a piece of patterned paper, which I had earlier used to cut circles and tucked it in behind my layering.


I love that so many people can use the different shapes from the Silhouette store and come out with completely different looks, just by making small alterations here and there!


Shapes:
Concentric Circle Template/Background
Arrows


Supplies:  CAMEO; Patterned Paper:  American Crafts, Crate Paper & Chic Tags; Wood Veneers & Flair Button:  The Paper Bakery; Acrylic Letters & Slide Frame:  Crate Paper; Tags & Rub-Ons:  Chic Tags; Spray Mist & Sequins:  Studio Calico   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment