Monday, November 25, 2013

Get It Scrapped! | Photo Backgrounds

Last week the Creative Team shared inspiration on the Get It Scrapped! Blog for working with over-sized photos on your layouts.  There are some great ideas for layering journaling, titlework, embellishments, and even photos on top of your larger sized photos.  I don't have a large format printer, but was still able to print an 8x10 photo to use on my layout.



 
With the hot Summer temps finally starting to mellow out, we like to get outside for a little play time each day.  I used this photo of our son holding his football, and printed it out on my home printer at 8x10 size.  Because he was the main subject of the photo, I had a lot of surrounding space with the grass in the photo.  This gave me multiple areas for adding my embellishments, tags, and title to the "white" space on the photo.  One of the best tips for using large photos, is not to over think your design.  Let your photo be the highlight of your page and add your title and a little embellishing and you can create a great page in a short amount of time.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper & Tags:  Elle's Studio; Wood Veneers, Sequins & Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Star Paper Clip:  Two Peas in a Bucket; Flair Button:  A Flair for Buttons, Thickers:  American Crafts
 

No comments:

Post a Comment