Wednesday, November 20, 2013

SC Lifted Class | Hey Gorgeous

I am still in progress of keeping up with the Lifted class taught by Lisa Truesdell at Studio Calico.  So far, I have completed two layouts based on the class, and I wanted to share my newest page with you today.  This layout was based on a color scheme from one of Nicole Samuel's layouts.  I also took inspiration from the circle design she used on her layout.




 
I still think it's important to explore different designs and step outside of the box once in a while with your page designs.  It definitely helps to keep you from getting stuck in a rut and I think it keeps your inspiration fresh.  This page had several elements that are outside my normal design:  the b&w photo; the diagonal circle design; and the White background with a focus on 4 colors only.  

I remembered this cut file from the Two Peas digital cut files and I knew I wanted to use it on this layout.  The pie chart circles were perfect for adding the pops of color from the Pink Paislee Hey Kid collection.  Once I had the pie charts backed with my papers, I had fun "decorating" them with different tags, cut files and embellishments.  

And, I was pretty excited to be asked by Danielle Flanders if it would be okay to share my layout on the Pink Paislee Facebook page.  I, of course, said YES, that would be awesome!  And I was even more surprised to see that they updated their cover photo with my layout.  Very exciting!

So next time you are feeling a little deserted in the mojo department, try something totally new or maybe just a little new.  I think it can definitely help to get your creativity flowing again!

Supplies:  Cardstock & Date Stamp:  American Crafts; Patterned Paper & Ephemera Pack:  Pink Paislee; Tags:  Elle's Studio; Resin Flower & Love Paper Clip:  Freckled Fawn; Cut Files:  Two Peas in a Bucket & Studio Calico; Flair Button & Sequins:  The Paper Bakery; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Button:  October Afternoon 


No comments:

Post a Comment