Monday, November 18, 2013

You've Got a Friend in Me

Yesterday, our new Sketch for November 17th, went up on the Chic Tags Blog.  This is a multi-photo Sketch, but you can interpret with any amount of photos you like.  I really had a lot of fun with this Sketch, and as you can see, I decided to only use one photo.  But I was able to keep the design of the Sketch, by adding some fun tags from the Happy Place collection on each side of my photo.





 
I actually mixed all three of the new Chic Tags collections on my layout...Happy Place, Schoolhouse and Good Tidings...and they are all available for purchase in the Chic Tags Store.  There are so many pieces to each collection, with the addition of the 12x12 papers and the fun clear tags!  And the rub-ons with each collection are so amazing!  I can't get enough of those Gold star rub-ons from the Good Tidings collection.  LOVE THEM!  I actually did something on this layout, that was a first for me...removing the Nozzle from the Mister Huey's spray mist and using it to "draw" the circle shape from the Sketch.  I've seen this technique used before and thought it was really cool, but was too chicken to try it.  This time I just thought "why not?" and gave it a try and loved the way it turned out.  Always fun and eye opening to try new things!

You can also play along with the Sketch challenge by heading over to the Chic Tags Blog, once you complete your layout and leave a link to your post on the Challenge Sunday | Sketch It Out post by NOON on Saturday, November 30th.  A random winner will be chosen to win a Chic Tags Grab Bag!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Tags, Clear Tags, Rub-Ons:  Chic Tags; Thickers:  American Crafts; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Vellum:  Fynmark


No comments:

Post a Comment