Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Get It Scrapped | Giddy Up

Have you noticed a new trend...the Crossed Motif?  One of our assignments this month for Get It Scrapped!, was using a Crossed Motif in a substantial way.  At first I was a little intimidated by this assignment, but the more I thought about it, I realized it ended up making a great grid design and the four quadrants were perfect for adding photos and embellishments.



 
We recently attended the local county Fair, and our first stop on the rides, was the Carousel.  I wanted a center point for my Crossed Motif, so I stamped a circle grid in the background.  I used a ruler to draw my lines and then stitched with embroidery floss over them.  The quadrants from the Crossed Motif provided me with an area for my photo and title, to be placed across from one another, and then I used embellishments in the top and bottom quadrants to complete my design.

Why not give this look a try on your next layout?  You can go big and use the Crossed Motif as the design element for your layout or take a smaller approach and use the same idea for embellishing on your layout.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Buttons, Spray Mist, Tin Pin, Stickers, Washi Tape:  October Afternoon; Puffy Stickers:  Skipping5; Flair Button:  A Flair for Buttons; Stamp:  Studio Calico; Ink:  Close to My Heart; Paper Clip Arrow:  Two Peas in a Bucket


No comments:

Post a Comment