Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Crazy Monday Kits | Hello Happy & Hey Mickey!

Before I share my new layouts for Crazy Monday Scrapbook Kits, I wanted to mention the team up that is going on this week with Chic Tags and Freckled Fawn.  The designers have been sharing inspiration all this week and today, if you pop over to the Chic Tags Blog, you can see some projects from Malika Kelly and me, using the Chic Tags November Exclusive Kit and the Freckled Fawn Oh Deer Me Kit for October.  Here's a little sneak of one of my projects, that you will see on the Chic Tags Blog:


Now, onto my new layouts for Crazy Monday Scrapbook Kits!  Both of these layouts were created using the November Kit, Rock Star Stuff.





I have to admit, that I have a very hard time throwing away useable scraps.  If you are working with a Kit, it’s a good idea to keep those scraps stored with your Kit and next time you do a layout, find fun ways to use them on your page.  For this layout, I had several strips of paper that were left over from cutting some of the papers for my other pages.  I arranged the different strips under my photo and the text banner piece to create my page design.  This gave me a great base design, and then I used some of the stickers and embellishments from the Kit to finish my layout.





I knew I couldn’t create with this Kit, without doing a Disney layout, using the fun Say Cheese papers and sticker sheet from Simple Stories.  The sticker sheet included in the Kit, gives you great options for embellishing your pages.  I thought it would be fun to mix in a lot of the stickers in my page design and I added pop dots under several of them for some dimension.  I also used the Hot Diggity Studio Calico spray mist with a Chevron mask, that I had in my stash.  Once the mist was dry, I outlined the shapes with a fine point Black Sharpie for added definition.

Thanks again to Annelie for inviting me to Guest Design with Crazy Monday Kits, this month!  If you would like to order the November Kit, which has a great mix of Simple Stories and Pink Paislee, make sure you stop by the Crazy Monday Blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment