Wednesday, November 6, 2013

SC Lifted Class | Remember Today

***Linked up at Paper Issues***

I haven't taken a class in a good long while, and when I saw the Lifted Class from Studio Calico, I thought it would be a great one to sign up for this month!  Lisa Truesdell is teaching the class and there are a lot of talented Ladies and some scrappy friends providing inspiration for the class.  The class got started this past Sunday, but I was a little behind on reading through the material and decided to print out the PDF's yesterday and take a look at everything.  After reading through the first 3 lessons, I immediately knew what I wanted to do and what photo I wanted to use and sat down to create this layout.





I already knew that I would scrap this photo, but I didn't necessarily want to use it on a layout for DT work.  Sometimes, it's harder to tell the story on a page, when you are using it for a DT assignment.  So I knew it would work out, to use it for the Lifted Class.  I chose a more muted color scheme to work with on this layout, since we had several colors going on in clothing from the photo.  I layered some of the papers from the Cut & Paste collection along with some tags from Chic Tags and a piece of Vellum.  I used my Silhouette Sketch Pens to draw the journaling out on my Vellum, and really liked the finished look.

So I am really looking forward to what else will be coming up in the class.  Do you like to join in any classes?  What have been some of your favorites?  I am not able to join in all the time because of finances getting in the way or just not having the time, but I think it's fun to give it a try every once in a while to learn new things and push out of your comfort zone.

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Rub-Ons, Thickers & Chipboard:  American Crafts; Tags:  Chic Tags; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Vellum:  Fynmark; Die Cut Machine & Sketch Pens:  Silhouette Cameo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment