Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Paper Bakery | Sifting Sand

Most of the layouts I shared, using the October Scrapbook Kit, Pumpkin Latte from The Paper Bakery, had a Fall theme.  But for today's layout, I went a little out of that box and created an everyday layout with photos from a recent beach visit.  I love paper and embellishments that you can use out of context or theme and this was a great way to finish up using all of the goodies in my October Kit.



 
Notice anything out of the ordinary on this layout...well, at least out of the ordinary for me??!!  I used FOUR photos!  :)  That doesn't happen very often, but every once in a while I like to force myself out of the one or two photo comfort zone and go a little crazy.  Our daughter was having a great time playing in the sand and I just kept snapping away.  

I kept things a little more simple on this page, since I did use four photos.  But I created some interest with the cut burst pattern.  To create the burst, I cut a rectangle from the Amy Tan patterned paper and then I used a ruler to draw the burst pattern, from the center point of the rectangle.  Then I used my scissors to cut along the pencil lines.  After all of the pieces were cut, I roughed up the edges all around each piece and then placed it back in the rectangle shape on my layout.  I love the effect of the burst and I balanced it out on the right hand side of the page by using one of the glassine bags used for packaging, one of the Free Printables for my journaling, some of the chipboard pieces from the Amy Tan Cut & Paste pack, and a Flair Button from The Paper Bakery shop.

The October Scrapbook Kit is now sold out, but if you would like a guaranteed Kit each month, make sure you stop by the Store to sign up for a subscription!  And don't forget to check out all of the goodies that are available in the store! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment