Monday, November 4, 2013

American Crafts November Gallery | Falling For You

***Linked up at Paper Issues***. 

I know a lot of us are already getting in the Christmas spirit, but I am still holding out til around Thanksgiving to go full force Christmas!  So in honor of continuing on with Fall, I am sharing a layout today for American Crafts using the Autumn Crisp collection.  I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a beat or two, when this collection arrived and I opened it up to take a peek through all of the papers and embellishments.  Definitely my favorite Autumn/Fall collection to date!  

I decided to go with a different page design on this layout, and work with a grid.  I used a ruler to draw out my grid pattern and then stitched along the lines with dark Brown embroidery floss.  Once I had the lines stitched, I started adding my photos and all of the fun embellishments and patterned papers.





I used a little bit of everything for this page, including some of the Bits pieces, buttons, photo overlay, and wood veneer paper clip.  When I do use a grid pattern, I usually like to extend some of the embellishments or part of the title outside of the grid.  I like the interest it adds to the uniform design of the grid pattern.  My Cameo also came in handy for cutting some great Fall leaves from the awesome Autumn Crisp papers.  There are some great patterns and colors in this collection!

I know things are busy this time of year, and there are so many things going on over the weekend.  So if you missed my Guest Designer post for Crazy Monday Kits, you can check it out HERE or my post for our new Sketch It Out Challenge for Chic Tags can be found HERE

Supplies:  Elm (366520) - Autumn Crisp, Poplar (366524) - Autumn Crisp, Cedar (366523) - Autumn Crisp, Walnut (366518) - Autumn Crisp, Autumn (366514) - Autumn, Cherry (366517) - Autumn Crisp, Hickory (366534) - Decorative Paper Clips, Foliage (366532) - Bits, Sycamore (366533) - Photo Overlays, Aspen (366535) - Stickers, Elements (366530) - Mixed Buttons, Elements (366531) - Printed Wood Buttons, Cordial (366188) - Thickers 


No comments:

Post a Comment