Thursday, December 5, 2013

American Crafts December Gallery | A Cuppa Love

***Linked up at Paper Issues*** 

It's time to spread some Christmas cheer, using the adorable Peppermint Express collection from American Crafts!  Since we live so far South our Winter temps usually don't get that cold.  But sporadically during the season, our temps will go down to the low 30's or 20's, which is cold for us!  So when those days come, the kids love to have hot chocolate...but I really think it's more about the marshmallows than the hot chocolate!  During one of our recent colder nights, I snapped a couple of photos of our oldest daughter enjoying her cup of hot chocolate.





I love the patterns in this collection, and wanted to mix several of them on my page.  I also wanted to use a large cut file for my background, but still have the patterned paper show trough.  This circle star pattern was exactly what I was looking for.  Once the star file was cut and layered over my patterned paper, I backed some of the star shapes with papers from the Peppermint Express 6x6 paper pad.  I didn't want to cover a lot of the background on my layout, so I did a small cluster with my photos, title and embellishments.  I finished off my page, by adding some of the American Crafts Christmas collection available at Target.  The phrase stickers and sequins add just the perfect touch to your Christmas layouts!

Supplies:  Cocoa Lane (399096) - Peppermint Express; Santa Stripes (366099) - Peppermint Express; 6x6 Paper Pad (366119) - Peppermint Express; Accents & Phrase Stickers (366106) - Remarks; Dear Santa (366095) - Peppermint Express; Iceplum (42276) - Remarks; Gingermint (366107) - Details; FIggymint (366108) - Bits; Frosted Forest (366100) - Peppermint Express; Fox (53414) - Thickers

Other:  Wood Veneers:  Recollections; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Phrase Stickers & Sequins:  American Crafts  


No comments:

Post a Comment