Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Silhouette Advent Calendar

***Linked up at Paper Issues*** 

On Monday, the Silhouette Design Team shared their versions of the Silhouette Advent Calendar.  I loved how each of the Team members used the shapes from the Silhouette Store and from the download card that comes with the Advent Calendar, to create their own unique designs.  You can purchase the Limited Edition Advent Calendar HERE and it includes the 20 shape Download Card, Solid Wood Frame painted White, and 35 hanging clips.  Here is what I did with calendar:


I had fun mixing the shapes from the download card with some shapes from the store.  I used 5 basic shapes on my calendar, to get it finished in a timely manner, but you can adjust it to fit your needs and time frame.  To help save time, I worked in an assembly line format, by first getting my main shapes cut.  Then I cut the snowflake shapes and numbers and added those next.


I also wanted to add a little sparkle to some of my shapes, so I used the double sided adhesive paper to cut a circle outline to fit around the scallop shapes.  Then I sprinkled over the adhesive with the Gold Silhouette glitter.

 
Supplies:  Die Cute Machine, Advent Calendar, Shapes, Double Sided Adhesive Paper & Glitter:  Silhouette America; Cardstock, Patterned Paper, Sequins, Phrase Stickers, Sequins & Twine:  American Crafts


No comments:

Post a Comment