Thursday, December 12, 2013

Silhouette | The Wonder of it All

Do you ever get the idea for a layout in your head, but you're kind of afraid to try to put it on paper?  That's the problem I ran into with today's layout.  I had a single photo of the kids standing in front of the tree and looking at the ornaments.  I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great, to use the photo in a Christmas tree design on the page?  I had a picture in my head of what I wanted to do and my Silhouette CAMEO came to the rescue!

Wonder2

I started out by opening my photo in Silhouette Studio and sizing it to 3 by 3.  I placed the photo in the center of the grid for the mat, and added the text for my title above and below the photo.  Then I just cut out the title pieces and placed everything in the same order, on my cardstock.

Picture1

I love the Sketch Pens, and I used the Black pen to do an outline for the word "Wonder".  After I drew out the word with the Sketch Pen, I used the Offset tool to expand the margin around the word and then replaced the blade to cut out the word.

Wonder3

I have also become slightly addicted to the Double Sided Adhesive paper and using it with the Silhouette Glitter.  It adds such a fun look to your projects and a little bit of sparkle too!  I cut the Star shape from the Silhouette store on the Double Sided Adhesive paper, placed it in it's position on my page and then sprinkled over it with the Glitter.  The Starter Kit also comes with a brush that lets you wipe away any excess Glitter.

Wonder4

So, next time you are thinking about trying something a little bit different with your page design, use Silhouette Studio to layout the design of your page.  You will be surprised by all of the fun things you can do!

Shape:


Supplies: Patterned Paper, Brads, Washi Tape, Chipboard:  My Mind's Eye; Sequins & Phrase Stickers:  American Crafts; Die Cut Machine, Glitter & Sketch Pens:  Silhouette


No comments:

Post a Comment