Monday, December 9, 2013

American Crafts December Gallery | Christmas Magic

One of our local towns does a tree lighting every year, and we love to take the kids.  They have Mrs. Claus (because Santa is very busy at the North Pole) and the the kids love to visit with her.  I snapped some photos of each one of them as they sat with her and told her what they would like for Christmas.  And I knew that the Peppermint Express collection from American Crafts would be perfect with my photos.




 
I used two fun techniques on my page.  The first, cutting a shape and backing it with vellum, and adding sequins behind it on my page.  And the second, adding some Glitter and Gold.  The double sided adhesive paper from Silhouette is so awesome.  I cut several snowflake shapes and then adhered them to my page.  Once they were in place, I sprinkled over it with some of the Silhouette Glitter to give it some sparkle.

I hope you've had a chance to get some Christmas photos scrapped this year...and that you've had a chance to pick up some of the Peppermint Express collection.  It would also be great to use in your December Days album if you are working on one this year!

Supplies:  Jolly Greetings (366101) - Peppermint Express, Cocoa Lane (366096) - Peppermint Express, 6x6 Paper Pad (366119) - Peppermint Express, Jinglemint (366110) - Dimensional Stars, Twinkle (366104) - Thickers, Fabric Bows (366201) - Polka Dot Party

Other:  Sequins & Stickers:  American Crafts; Die Cut Machine, Double Sided Adhesive Paper & Glitter:  Silhouette America; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp
 

No comments:

Post a Comment