Tuesday, December 17, 2013

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid

If you are a fan of A Christmas Story, then you are definitely familiar with that title!  Some people love the movie, some people hate it...but we LOVE it!  It's on our must watch list every year.  So...I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use one of the most famous quotes from the movie, on this layout of our little guy, as he was posing with a cork gun and wearing a cowboy hat, after visiting Santa.  This one is a just for fun page, because I wanted to get the memory documented, without having any set DT requirements for it.  It is always nice to step back and do a page that you create from scratch, with no sketches or assignments in mind.  



  
I did use the yummy Good Tidings collection from Chic Tags, mixed with the amazing December Exclusive Kit.  I always say that each month's is my favorite, but then the next one is just as awesome!  I have been hoarding that fab-u-lous wood grain paper, but I thought this page was definitely worthy of breaking it out!  I added a lot of layers under my photos and embellished with the flair button and tiny stars from the December Exclusive Kit.  I also thought it would be fun to do a White title on the White card from the Kit.  I created my title in Silhouette Studio and welded it together.  I cut it on the Adhesive Backed Cardstock from Silhouette, and let me tell you, that stuff is so awesome!  It cuts so smoothly, even intricate cuts, and then it's ready to adhere to your page, as soon as it comes off the mat.  You don't have to deal with any messy adhesives to get your cuts adhered to your page!

Thanks for stopping by today...and all of the other days that you visit my little Blog!  I always appreciate your sweet comments and being able to interact with fellow scrapbook friends!  My second post is also up today, on the My Mind's Eye Blog, if you would like to stop by and check out the rest of my projects!!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Tags, Flair Button, Wood Veneers, Stickers:  Chic Tags; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Vellum:  Fynmark; Die Cut Machine & Adhesive Cardstock:  Silhouette 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment