Thursday, December 19, 2013

Silhouette | Sweater Weather

Are you by any chance getting a CAMEO from Santa this year??!!  I have been a CAMEO owner for a year now, and I am still blown away by all of the fun things it can do…like making your own stickers!  I wanted to work with the White Sticker Paper, so I found this cute Penguin shape in the Silhouette Store, to incorporate on my layout.

Sweater Weather2

How cute is this little Penguin!  Once I had the shape open in Studio, I filled each of the separate pieces with the colors I wanted for my Penguin.  When I had all of the colors in place, I moved all of the pieces together in a single shape.  I wanted a circle outline around the Penguin, so I drew a dark Gray outline with the circle tool.  Once my design was completed, I printed it out on the Sticker paper by using the print feature in Studio.  After it was printed, I lined it up on my CAMEO mat and sent it through the machine to cut around the Gray circle and Viola!, a perfect custom made sticker for my layout!

Sweater Weather5

I also used a few more cut features, by cutting the Sweater Weather cut file into my background paper for my title.  I always love the negative cut look of a title and then it’s fun to back it with a different colored patterned paper.  The Sweater Weather cut file also incorporated a small heart.  I didn’t want to use it as a part of the title, so I ungrouped it and moved it out to the side of my mat in Studio, until after I cut my title.  Then I moved the heart shape back over to the mat and enlarged it, to cut my heart shape.  I cut the same heart in a smaller shape to layer over the larger one, and added dimension by adding pop dots in between the two.  This is a great way to create your own personalized embellishments.  Once my heart shapes were in place, I was able to add some twine, wood veneers, and an arrow cut word to get the look I was going for.

Sweater Weather3
 


Don’t be afraid to try new things with your shapes!  Creating stickers is a fun way to use the shapes from the store and personalize them with your own color choices.  And I love to look for shapes that have multiple shapes in one purchase.  You can use these shapes to create your own custom shapes by adding to them or welding the various shapes together for a fun look on your layouts and projects!

And don't forget to stop by the Silhouette Blog today, to see how one of our Designers used today's Free Shape, and then pop over to the Silhouette Store to download today's shape!

Shapes:

Supplies:  Die Cut Machine, Sketch Pens & Sticker Paper:  Silhouette CAMEO, Patterned Paper & Tags:  Elle's Studio, Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Stamps & Enamel Dots:  My  Mind's Eye; Twine:  American Crafts; Sequins:  The Paper Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment