Monday, December 23, 2013

Silhouette 12 Days of Christmas | Happy Holidays

Christmas comes this week...ready or not!!  All of the presents have been bought, but the wrapping is another story!  Where are those elves when you need them??!!  Well, maybe you are a procrastinator like me and are planning to squeeze in some scrappy time, when you should be wrapping presents!!  If that's the case, then make sure you download the Free Shape from the Silhouette Store today, for our 12 Days of Christmas.

Today I am sharing a layout using the Ornament Free Shape.  There are three ornaments in this set, and you can use them to create a great Christmas-y look on your layouts or projects!  Here is a look at my layout and then I have a tutorial sharing how I created the sequin look on my ornaments.

Happy Holidays Layout by Ashley Horton

Happy Holidays4

I used the Vellum pocket technique to add sequins inside two of my ornaments and then finished each one of them off, with some Glitter, using the Double Sided Adhesive Paper, to add some sparkle and shine.

Start out by opening your shape and getting it sized to the dimensions you want to use on your project.  Once you have it at the size you want, follow these steps:

AHortonTutorial3

Once you have the outline created with the larger and smaller shapes, move the individual shapes off of the mat and cut the outline.  After it cuts, bring back the larger outside border shape and cut it twice on your Vellum.  Then you can start assembling the Vellum pocket and adding in your sequins.

AHortonTutorial1
AHortonTutorial2

Now you can decorate your ornament, by moving the decorative shapes from the Ornament back over to your mat and cutting them to fit your completed Vellum filled ornament.

AHortonTutorial4

For my last step, I used the Double Sided Adhesive Paper to add some sparkly touches to my ornaments.

AHortonTutorial5

I wanted to Glitter the ornament toppers and the snowflake piece for the center of one of the ornaments.  Once they were cut, I just placed the adhesive over my ornaments and added the Glitter.

Happy Holidays5

Don't forget to stop by the Silhouette Store and download the Free Shape for today!  You can create a similar look by using my tutorial or find new ways to get a unique look on your projects!

Shapes:
Star of Stars

Supplies:  Die Cut Machine, Cut File & Glitter:  Silhouette; Patterned Paper:  Heidi Swapp, My Mind's Eye & Teresa Collins; Tags & Stickers:  Chic Tags; Sequins:  Studio Calico & American Crafts; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Bow & Washi Tape:  Freckled Fawn; Puffy Stickers: Heidi Swapp; Vellum:  Fynmark; Twine:  The Twinery


No comments:

Post a Comment