Friday, December 6, 2013

Life.Paper.Scrapbook | Hello World

It's time for our new Sketch Challenge at Life.Paper.Scrapbook!  This month's Sketch gives you space for two photos or you can change things up like I did!  That's the great thing about using Sketches...you can use them exactly as is, or change them up to fit your needs.






We visited one of the local forts in our area, back in November, and of course I had the camera on hand.  I will admit that I spent most of the time in a nervous panic waiting for one of the kids to find some way to injure themselves...especially when we climbed to the top level of the fort.  Not a big fan of heights, but the view definitely was beautiful.  They had one of the viewing machines and even though we never put the money in, the kids insist on looking through the lenses.  I really loved this photo of our middle daughter taking a peek through the view finder.  She was too cute with her hood on and Hello Kitty backpack!  I decided to use it for my page, and made it a larger photo to fit in place of the two landscape photos on the Sketch.  Even though we didn't travel far, for this adventure, I thought it would be a fun idea to go with a travel theme on this page.  So I grabbed the Travel Girl collection from October Afternoon and mixed it with a little bit of American Crafts and Chic Tags.  Instead of working with the tags from the Sketch, I decided to go with a state cut file and layer it up with a few cut files and embellishments.  And since I went with a larger photo on this page, I decided to cut part of my title right on the photo using my CAMEO.  I really liked this technique, so I think I will definitely try it again!

We would love for you to come over and play along with us!  Don't forget to stop by the LPS Blog and check out the amazing inspiration from the Design Team!  And you can win an awesome prize from this month's Sponsor, Pinkfresh Studio!



Pinkfresh Studio is a fresh online shop committed to provide very unique and fun products. They offer their own exclusive range of washi tapes including very unique ombré prints, trendy shaped enamel stickers, brad stickers and fresh press cards in fun colors. Their ombré print washi tapes with beautiful airmail print and Aztec print are sure to make your paper crafting projects pop.They recently released their 1st ever stamp set called “Delightful tales”. But they don’t stop there, they are about to release their another fun product and it is going to be color blocked wood veneers in 3 different shapes (triangles, hearts and arrows).

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Stickers, Tidbits, Sprinklers, Miscellany  & Doodads:  October Afternoon; Patterned Paper, Phrase Stamp & Thickers:  American Crafts; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Tags:  Chic Tags; Expoxy Sticker:  Skipping5; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye


No comments:

Post a Comment